Make Mother’s Day everyday!
To all our mums and loved ones, please enjoy our easy-to-make, delicious DreamPot’s Apple Cream Cake this Mothers day (and so good to enjoy no matter the reason every other day!)…
Apple Cream Dream Cake
(A delicious cake for morning tea with a texture of a Tea Cake)
Boiling time on stove: 20 minutes
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 1 hour
Cook in the: ✓ 5 Litre DreamPot ✓ 6 Litre DreamPot
2 large eggs at room temperature
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup caster sugar
185Grams (7 ounces) SR Flour
1 tin of Pie Apples
1. Put 2 litres boiling water into large 5 Litre inner pot, or pour 3 litres of boiling water into the large 6 litre inner pot. Place small inner pot, coated well with cooking spray, over the boiling water. Boil on the stove as a double saucepan, to preheat while the cake is being mixed. You will note that the steam will be visible between the two inner pots. Keep it boiling well.
2. Break the eggs into a 250 ml cup. Fill with cream to make up to 250ml in quantity. Pour into a basin. Add salt and sugar. Beat well with a whisk for 5 minutes.
3. Add the SR flour. Fold into the mixture until all combined, mixing with a spoon.
4. Pour the cake mixture into the small inner pot and smooth the top. Cover with the stainless steel lid and boil as a double saucepan for 20 minutes.
5. Transfer into the DreamPot for the minimum cooking time.
6. Remove from the DreamPot and allow to cool prior to tipping out onto a cooling rack.
7. Once cooled completely, cut the cake carefully in half, horizontally, with a long sharp knife.
8. Place a layer of apples over the bottom half, and cover with a generous layer of whipped cream. Place the top half of the cake over the cream.
9. Sprinkle with sifted icing sugar prior to serving.