Corned silverside *
Posted on September 13th, 2011
Boiling time on stove: 20 minutes
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 3 hours minimum
Cook in the:
✓ 3 litre* DreamPot
✓ 5 litre DreamPot
✓ 6 litre DreamPot
1 1/2 kg piece corned silverside
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup brown vinegar
1 tblsp french mustard
- Place all ingredients into the large inner pot. Pour hot water into the inner pot to cover the corned silverside ensuring it is 2/3 full. Cover with stainless steel lid.
- Place onto the stove and bring to the boil stiring intermettently.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and maintain a gently boil for 20 minutes. Check intermittently to ensure a gentle boil is maintained.
- Transfer to the DreamPot for the minimum cooking time.
Note: To cook potatoes, carrots and onions with the corned meat. Scrub the vegetables, leave whole, do not peel the onion. Add to the corned meat in the last 10 minutes of the boiling time on the stove. For example, maintain the corned silverside on a gentle boil for ten minutes, add the vegetables, bring back to the boil and then time for a second ten minutes, gently boiling. If preparing in the 3 litre* DreamPot model, reduce the size of the corned silverside to no larger than a 1 kg piece.
* Copyright© 1998 Green Brothers (Wholesale) Pty Ltd T/as DreamPot. All rights reserved.
Versatile 6 appliances in 1… DreamPot thermal cooking