DreamPot bread loaf *
Boiling time on stove: 20 minutes
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 45 minutes minimum
Cook in the:
✓ 3 litre* DreamPot
✓ 5 litre DreamPot
✓ 6 litre DreamPot
500g bread mix (for hand making)
1 x 7g (2 teaspoons) dry yeast
320ml tepid water (accurately measured)
- Spray the large loaf pan with cooking oil.
- Place the bread mix and dry yeast into a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the water and mix with a wooden spoon until dough is formed.
- Lightly flour your hands and the work surface, and then tip the dough out onto the prepared surface.
- Take the far edge of the dough and pull it forward to cover itself, then using the heel of your hand firmly push the dough away from yourself. Give the dough a quarter turn, repeat actions for 5-8 minutes.
- Lightly flour hands again if dough becomes sticky. Let dough and hands rest for a couple of minutes and then repeat the kneading action for a few more minutes. It is important that this process takes at least 10 minutes to develop the gluten.
- When finished kneading, roll dough into a tight cylinder shape and place into the prepared loaf pan. Cover with greased cling wrap and allow to prove in a warm place free from draughts (for the dough to double in size).
- Now bake the bread. Carefully sprinkle paprika or poppy seeds over the risen bread dough. Cover the loaf pan with a generous sized piece of extra strong foil, sprayed underneath. Tuck the foil around the pan, but leave the foil domed, as the bread will rise. Secure with an elastic band.
- Place 5 trivets (5 biscuit cutters or empty tuna cans) onto the base of the large inner pot. Fill with hot water to cover in and around the trivets.
- Place the large loaf pan onto the trivets and fill with hot water to come half way up the side of the loaf pan.
- Place the inner pot, covered with the stainless steel lid, onto the stove and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling reduce the heat checking occasionally to ensure that a gentle boil is maintained for 30 minutes.
- Transfer into the DreamPot for the minimum cooking time.
- Remove when convenient and cool on a wire rack.
* Copyright© 1998 Green Brothers (Wholesale) Pty Ltd T/as DreamPot. All rights reserved.
Versatile 6 appliances in 1… DreamPot bread maker