Fruit and nut loaf *
Posted on September 13th, 2011
Boiling time on stove: 15 minutes
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 45 minutes minimum
Cook in the:
✓ 5 litre DreamPot
✓ 6 litre DreamPot
3/4 cup boiling water
1/2 cup golden syrup
1 tblsp butter or margarine
1 tsp bicarb of soda
1 egg, beaten
2 cups S.R. Flour
1 tsp mixed spice
1 cup mixed fruit
1/2 cup walnuts
- Mix together in a basin the boiling water, golden syrup, butter or margarine, and bicarb of soda.
- Cool, and then add the beaten egg.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together to combine.
- Spray 3 x 415g empty fruit or soup tins well with a cooking spray.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the tins.
- Cover each tin with extra strong greased foil, pressed down over the sides of the tins.
- Place the tins on the base of the large inner pot, and pour boiling water come 2/3 up the sides of the tins.
- Bring to the boil and gently boil with the lid on for 15 minutes. Check intermittently to maintain the boil.
- Transfer into the DreamPot for 45 minutes minimum.
- Remove when convenient and stand for 5 minutes before tipping out gently onto a cooling rack.
* Copyright© 1998 Green Brothers (Wholesale) Pty Ltd T/as DreamPot. All rights reserved.
Cooking while you’re camping… just love it!