Honey king prawns (served with steamed rice) *
Posted on January 23rd, 2013
Green Queensland king prawns | 500 g
Honey | 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice | 1 tablespoon
Sesame seeds | 1 cup + extra
Cornflour | ½ cup
SR flour | 1 cup
Salt | 1 pinch
Egg | 1 lightly beaten
Water | 300 mls
- Prepare the rice, as per our steamed rice recipe above and allow to cook.
- Devein the prawns and set aside.
- Combine the cornflour, SR flour and salt into a bowl. Stir in the egg and water and mix together to make a smooth batter.
- Heat the oil in a pan. To test that the oil is hot enough, drop a square of bread into the hot oil, if it rises to the surface and browns it is ready.
- Dip the prawns into the batter and fry in the hot oil. Remove and drain on papertowel.
- Heat the honey and lemon in a pan. Take care not to allow the honey mixture to burn!
- Sprinkle sesame seeds onto a plate.
- Roll the prawns in the hot honey mixture. Place on the sesame seeds and sprinkle the top of the prawns with additional sesame seeds.
Serve with steamed rice.