Minted lamb & rosemary hot pot *
Boiling time on stove: 15 minutes
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 3 hours minimum
Cook in the:
✓ 3 litre* DreamPot
✓ 5 litre DreamPot
✓ 6 litre DreamPot
Serve over a bed of fluffy mashed potatoes.
500 gms of lean diced lamb (leg)
3 dessertspoons flour
1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden ™ rosemary paste
3 tablespoons mint jelly
- Open up a large oven bag and sit in the large inner pot.
- Place the lamb into the oven bag with the flour. Remove the oven bag and shake, toss and turn to coat the lamb pieces with the flour.
- Add rosemary and mint jelly.
- With your hands squeeze the air out of the bag and tie into a tight knot close to the meat. Also tie around the knot with the strip off the top of the oven bag. Place into the large inner pot.
- Carefully pour hot water into the inner pot (not directly over the bag) until the water covers the bag to come approximately 3 cm from the top of the pot.
- Bring to the boil, covered with the stainless steel lid. Once boiling, adjust the heat to maintain a gentle boil for 30 minutes. It is important to check intermittently to ensure a gentle boil is maintained.
- Transfer into the DreamPot for the minimum cooking time.
- Prior to serving, carefully remove the oven bag and place into a serving dish. Snip open the oven bag to remove the cooked meal.
Note: If preparing in the 3 litre* DreamPot model, halve the ingredients.
* Copyright© 1998 Green Brothers (Wholesale) Pty Ltd T/as DreamPot®. All rights reserved.
Cooking in the great outdoors… just love it!