Nasi goreng quick style *
Boiling time on stove: 2 minutes
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 30 minutes minimum
Cook in the:
✓ 3 litre DreamPot
✓ 5 litre DreamPot
✓ 6 litre DreamPot
1½ cups basmati long grain rice
2¼ cups hot water
1 dessertspoon Massel® chicken stock powder
1 level teaspoon chilli paste (or bottled Galiko® chilli sauce) – more or less to taste
1 dessertspoon shrimp paste (may substitute anchovy paste)
1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden® garlic and ginger sachet
1 tablespoon fish sauce
½ teaspoon Chinese five spices
Dash of pepper and salt
Liberal dash of red wine (or sherry)
2 stalks celery, finely diced
1 small red capsicum, finely diced
1 onion, finely diced
1 carrot, finely diced
4 leaves Chinese cabbage, finely diced
1½ cups cooked chicken, diced into small pieces
250g cooked, peeled small prawns
- Quickly fry the uncooked rice in a little rice bran oil over a high heat in a wok or large heavy base frying pan for 3 – 4 minutes so the rice gets a toasted tinge. Remove from heat and set aside. (This step is optional.)
- Make up the stock by combining ingredients into the water.
- Place the rice and the stock into the large inner pot. Bring to the boil on the stove on a moderate heat stirring continually. When boiling, stop stirring and allow to boil for 1 minute uncovered. Then place the stainless steel lid on the inner pot and boil for a further 1 minute.
- Place into the DreamPot for the required cooking time.
- While the rice is cooking, finely dice the vegetables and dice the chicken.
- Once the rice is cooked in the DreamPot, heat a little oil in a wok or frying pan. Quickly stir-fry the vegetables, tossing regularly. Add the chicken and prawns and toss together to heat through.
- Fluff the cooked rice up with a fork, then combine the rice into the vegetable mixture in the wok and serve.
Note: Prepare and cook the rice at any convenient time. Stir-fry the vegetables and combine with the rice just prior to serving.
* Copyright© 1998 Green Brothers (Wholesale) Pty Ltd T/as DreamPot. All rights reserved.
Versatile 6 appliances in 1… DreamPot rice cooker