Boiling time on stove: 10 minutes
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 2 hours minimum
Cook in the:
✓ 5 litre DreamPot
✓ 6 litre DreamPot
Chicken thighs | 6 pieces (trim excess fat from chicken)
Olive oil | 2 tablespoons
White Wings ® Cornflour | 4 tablespoons
Garlic | 2 cloves crushed and finely chopped
Fresh oregano | 2 tablespoons chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
Fresh parsley | 2 tablespoons chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
Red wine vinegar | ¼ cup
Champagne | ½ cup (or white wine)
Pitted prunes | ½ cup
Pitted Spanish green olives | 12
Capers | ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon of the juice
Bay leaves | 3
Brown sugar | 1/3 cup
Pink salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Open a large oven bag and place it into the large inner pot.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Lightly roll chicken thighs in 3 tablespoons of cornflour and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Place the chicken into the oven bag and place 1 tablespoon of cornflour around the meat.
- Add all other ingredients into the oven bag.
- Remove the oven bag onto the table and with your hands squeeze the air out of the bag and tie into a tight knot close to the meat. Also secure around the knot with the tie provided in the oven bag box. Place into the large inner pot.
- Carefully pour hot water into the inner pot (not directly over the bag) until the water covers the bag to come approximately 3 cm from the top of the pot.
- Bring to the boil, covered with the stainless steel lid. Once boiling, adjust the heat to maintain a gentle boil for 10 minutes. It is important to check intermittently to ensure a gentle boil is maintained.
- Transfer into the DreamPot for the minimum cooking time.
- Prior to serving, carefully remove the oven bag and place into a serving dish. Snip open the oven bag to remove the cooked meal.
Serving suggestion accompany with a side of steamed rice, broccolini and snow peas.* Copyright© 2013 Green Brothers (Wholesale) Pty Ltd T/as DreamPot. All rights reserved.
Cooking for family & friends over the Easter holidays… just love it!