Spaghetti marinara *
Boiling time on stove: 1 minute
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 12 minutes minimum (no more than 15 minutes standing time)
Cook in the:
✓ 3 litre DreamPot
✓ 5 litre DreamPot
✓ 6 litre DreamPot
Ideal for short term cooking.
½ packet of dry spaghetti or fettuccini
- Bring hot water to the boil in the large inner pot (3/4 full).
- When boiling, add fettuccini, separate with a fork. When boiling again, cover with stainless steel lid and boil for 1 minute, keeping the lid in place to capture the steam and heat.
- Transfer into the DreamPot. Close and allow to cook.
- Meanwhile, during the 15 minute cooking time, prepare the marinara sauce.
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely sliced and diced
2 gloves crushed garlic
700g jar pasatta sauce
750g seafood mixture or seafood marinara mix from the delicatessen
Sea salt & pepper to taste
Shaved parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently for a few minutes.
- Add the jar of pasatta sauce and bring to the boil, stirring.
- Add the seafood mixture. Mix well into the sauce and simmer for 3 – 4 minutes or until the seafood is cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the inner pot and place back into the DreamPot.
- Pour the sauce over the fettuccini, toss the mixture through and close the DreamPot. Serve with shaved parmesan cheese.
Note: The seafood mixture could be comprised of fresh crabmeat, prawns, salmon pieces, mussels and calamari rings.
* Copyright © 1998 Green Brothers (Wholesale) Pty Ltd T/as DreamPot. All rights reserved.
Cooking while you’re boating… just love it!