Pumpkin soup *
Posted on September 13th, 2011
Boiling time on stove: 10 minutes
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 45 minutes minimum
Cook in the:
✓ 3 litre* DreamPot
✓ 5 litre DreamPot
✓ 6 litre DreamPot
1 kg pumpkin (Queensland Blue is best)
1 large onion
2 tablespoons butter
2 litres boiling water
2 packets cream of chicken soup mix
1 cup of cold water
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch of nutmeg
salt & pepper
- Cut pumpkin into chunky pieces. Chop onion finely.
- Place into large inner pot with butter. Stir until butter coats vegetables but do not brown.
- Place lid on inner pot and allow the vegetables to stand for 5 minutes over a very low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour boiling water over the vegetables and bring to the boil. Then stir in the soup mix which has been mixed with 1 cup of cold water. Add garlic powder.
- Bring back to the boil. Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes with the stainless steel lid in place, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to DreamPot for the minimum cooking time.
- Prior to serving, blend soup in the inner pot with hand held blender (or puree in food processor). Add nutmeg at this stage, salt and pepper to taste. Reheat gently if necessary.
- Serve with a swirl of cream or chopped parsley or chives.
Note: A can of creamed corn can be added at Step 4 for a delicious alternative taste. More pumpkin can be added if a thicker soup is required. If preparing in the 3 litre* DreamPot model, halve the ingredients.
* Copyright© 1998 Green Brothers (Wholesale) Pty Ltd T/as DreamPot. All rights reserved.
Cooking in the motorhome… just love it!