Red cherry slice *
Posted on February 9th, 2013
Boiling time on stove: Nil
Setting time in the DreamPot: 2 hours minimum
Set in the:
✓ 5 litre DreamPot
✓ 6 litre DreamPot
Milk arrowroot biscuits | 1 packet crushed
Desiccated coconut | 1 ½ cups
Glacé cherries | 100g finely chopped
Sweetened condensed milk | 395g tin
Butter | 125g melted
Cochineal | 1 dessertspoon
- Fill the large inner pot with 2 litres of party ice. Transfer into the DreamPot and close the lid.
- Line the base and sides of the small inner saucepan with foil. Lightly grease the foil with butter.
- Using a food processor or knife, finely chop the plain biscuits and glacé cherries. Melt the butter
- Place all ingredients (except the chocolate buttons) into a bowl and mix together to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the small inner saucepan. Press the mixture down very firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Transfer the small inner saucepan into the DreamPot for the setting time.
- When convenient after the minimum setting time, remove the small inner saucepan.
- Run a knife around the edge of the slice. Tip slice out and remove the foil. Decorate with melted chocolate by drizzling the milk chocolate in a pattern over the top of the slice.
- Allow the chocolate to set completely before slicing with a serrated knife.
Note: Use a Glad® snap lock sandwich bag with a tiny snip in one corner as an icing bag. To melt the chocolate, place a few blocks in the bag, seal the bag and stand it in a bowl of hot water.
* Copyright© 2013 Green Brothers (Wholesale) Pty Ltd T/as DreamPot. All rights reserved.
Cooking for the one you love… just love it!