Carrot & pineapple cake *
Boiling time on stove: 30 minutes
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 3 hours minimum
Cook in the:
✓ 5 litre DreamPot
✓ 6 litre DreamPot
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs (room temperature)
2 cups SR Flour
1 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup grated carrot
¾ cup tinned crushed pineapple (well drained)
½ cup crushed walnuts
250g cream cheese
½ cup (80g) icing sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- Grease the large loaf pan with cooking spray and line the base with baking paper.
- Place into a bowl oil, brown sugar, eggs and beat together until thick and combined.
- Sift together the flour, soda and cinnamon. Pour oil, sugar and egg mixture into sifted flour, and stir to combine.
- Mix through grated carrot, crushed pineapple and walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the large loaf pan. Cover the large loaf pan with a piece of baking paper and then with alfoil. Secure with an elastic band.
- Place 5 trivets (5 biscuit cutters or empty tuna cans) into the base of the large inner pot. Fill with hot water to cover in and around the trivets.
- Place the large loaf pan onto the trivets and fill with hot water to come half way up the side of the loaf pan.
- Bring to the boil on the stove. Cover with the stainless steel lid.
- Once boiling reduce the heat checking occasionally to ensure that a gentle boil is maintained for 30 minutes.
- Transfer into the DreamPot for the minimum cooking time.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before removing the cake from the large loaf pan. When cooled, ice with cream cheese icing.
* Copyright© 1998 Green Brothers (Wholesale) Pty Ltd T/as DreamPot. All rights reserved.
Cooking while you’re at home… just love it!