Greek yoghurt *
Posted on September 13th, 2011
Boiling time on stove: Nil
Cooking time in the DreamPot: 8 to 10 hours (or overnight)
Cook in the:
✓ 3 litre* DreamPot
✓ 5 litre DreamPot
✓ 6 litre DreamPot
1 packet greek yoghurt base & culture mix sachet (makes 1 kg)
3 1/4 cups pre-boiled water (room temperature)
- Place 2 cups of water into a jug that will hold 1 litre, or a container with a lid.
- Add contents of greek yoghurt base & culture mix sachet and mix well.
- Add another 1 1/4 cups of water and mix well again (leave the lid on the jar).
- Place the jug or jar into the large inner pot which is sitting in the DreamPot.
- Surround carefully with 2 1/2 cm of boiling water.
- Place on the inner pot lid, close the DreamPot and allow to stand for 8 to 10 hours or overnight.
- Once set, store the yoghurt in the refrigerator.
Note: If too much boiling water is added, the DreamPot is too efficient and the mixture will remain too hot and may not set. If preparing in the 3 litre* DreamPot model, use 7 small containers with a lid (eg. baby food jars).
* Copyright© 1998 Green Brothers (Wholesale) Pty Ltd T/as DreamPot. All rights reserved.
Versatile 6 appliances in 1… DreamPot yoghurt maker